Wednesday 2 April 2014

I went to the bat's room to inform her that I'll be away from my desk for a while as I would be consulting the GP for my cough, sore throat and running nose. She made a comment, something which she has commented before.

Bat of a Manager: I noticed that ever since you brought your daughter back, you have been falling sick.
Me: No, this is only the 2nd time.
The Blind Bat: (Completely ignoring that the number of times I have been on mc is lesser than her) Oh, have you been very busy and tired?
Me: No, she's at childcare the whole day and it's only the evening we get to spend time with her. Well, most probably because she got infected while in childcare and spread the virus to me.
The Blind Bat: (Sighs) Yes, that's childcare care.

A couple of months back, when I made a mistake, she asked if I was under stress having to take care of my daughter, now that she is back. And she again goes on to make a whole lot of unnecessary remarks. 

Does it even have to be my daughter? Don't I not have my own feelings anymore? Or at least some control over how I feel which may have affected my work? Her daughter who is now probably in junior college must have caused her stress when she was a toddler. I hate it when anyone says anything that insinuate that my daughter is the cause of anything. And she, a HR professional, should be the least guilty of this!

I just hope that she has good words to say about me when I leave this organisation.

2 comments:

  1. How nasty! Glad u are leaving too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, is it some form of discrimination or is she trying to sound like she care? Anyway, the men will probably never get such questions!

      Delete