Friday 11 April 2014

The last time I fell sick, I think it took me about almost 2 weeks to recover. This time round, it's a week and although I am not coughing and neither is my nose dripping, I've still got a case of block nose. In fact, I thought I was going to die on Wednesday night!

After the 9pm chinese drama ended, I was fiddling with my phone when I just couldn't breathe through my nose anymore. Not dripping, not sniffling, it was just blocked! Clear and block. Clear as in there wasn't any mucus or even snot in there! I thought I should go lie down and maybe the nasal pathway will clear but nooooo. I poked the hubs who was already fast asleep with K and told him I couldn't breathe.

Being the dead sleeper that he is, he continued lying there and took a few seconds to respond. He ordered me to the toilet. For what, I have no idea and since he was still in a sleep induced state, he kept repeating himself and started getting angry. It reached a point where I felt that even if I was dying, he wanted me to help myself and then I started crying. K, a light sleeper that she is, started crying and the hubs swiftly patted her back to sleep. 

Anyhows, I went to the toilet and he followed. I blew my nose to show him nothing was coming out and he told me to suck in water with my nose..(!!!!) Sometimes he really makes me wonder. Then he made me apply K's ru yi oil on my nose and it hurt! Although I've only rubbed the oil at the entrance of my nose, he scolded me and said I should put it in my nose! Wouldn't it have been worse! He must have inherited all these useless knowledge from the MIL!

I cried and then like almost 20 minutes later, remembered I had an unopened box of nasal spray that the Dr had prescribed me at my last visit. I used it and couple of seconds later, felt better. The hubs by then, was fully awake and decided to watch some television as he couldn't fall asleep anymore. I went back to bed and while thinking through it, went out, looked for the hubs and cried.

I told him if I had really died, he would be so lost. He wouldn't know where were things kept and of course it's going to be all about K. I even said I should start writing down notes, so if anything happens, at least he can refer to it. Hahahaaah....sounds silly now but so real then ok.

It's morbid to think about death now. If life was just the 2 of us, it wouldn't have bothered me so much. But with K, it really puts everything into a whole new perspective.

2 comments:

  1. No I can totally understand u. That's why I think it is so impt for us to stay healthy so that we can keep caring for our young ones till a certain age when they are independent.

    Of cos accidents happen and whose to say when our time is up, but good to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband wasn't much help at all!! How to suck in water when your nose is blocked?!

    ReplyDelete