Wednesday 30 April 2014

And so, 3 days on the job and I get a day off for the May Day PH tomorrow. Lol.

Everything seems well and I always think that's because one doesn't place too high an expectation to start with. However, the fact that I will now be seated in the same room as my new Manager, will take some getting used to. Sure, I have more privacy when it comes to HR matters but my free time will no longer be so free, spent on surfing, blogging and so on. I will have to make that conscious effort to really focus on my work. But I guess this also mean that she's more transparent and open unlike the bat.

What sort of blew me away was the availability of yakult in the few pantries around the office. They even came in that little yakult fridge. And they have in the fridge and outside the fridge, cartons of soft drinks like coke, coke light, root beer, schwepps and even canned coconut and jia jia herbal tea! I am trying to control myself with these because knowing me, I'll probably pick up the habit of 1 can of soft drink everyday. As it is, I already caved in yesterday and today with a root beer and coke light when I needed the caffeine to stay awake while my predecessor was teaching me the system.

My predecessor has further extended her stay till end May so at least she'll be around to run the payroll with me next month and more time spent with me to be familiar with their daily operations. My new Manager definitely comes from a HR background, an obvious difference from the way she talks compared to the bat.

Everything's good and I pray that it remains so. Yesterday, 5 of my ex-colleagues, including one from the KL office, whatsapped me. It's so sweet to know that I've been missed and that we did not end our 'friendship' when I left the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment