Sunday 6 April 2014

K turns 25 months today. She has started planting random kisses on me when I carry her or at bedtime and she follows the kisses with a 'I Love you Mummy.' I never thought I'll hear it from her so spontaneously but yet it has happened so many times.

I wish our relationship will continue to grow from that of a mother and daughter to one that she sees me also like a friend as she grows up to be a teenager and a young adult. I never really had much of a relationship with my mother and pray that things will turn out differently for K and me. Well, for one, I want to give her a different type of upbringing and always try to remind myself that she is only going to grow through this stage once. Once it's lost, it'll be lost forever.

She is growing up so fast. Once, I forgot the lyrics to a song which I was singing with her and she prompted me. She does something cheeky and she knows it when she looks at us through the corner of her eyes to see if we're observing her and if we are, she gives that cheeky smile. Oh, sweetheart, please don't grow up so fast.

1 comment:

  1. K is so sweet! And yes, they are growing up so fast aren't they? A part of me wish for time to stand still yet another part of me can't wait for him to grow. Patiently waiting for the day b says I love u to me.

    ReplyDelete