Tuesday 15 April 2014

With the husband free from work obligations this evening, I was able to cook today. And having eaten food from outside for almost the whole of last week and yesterday, I was glad to be able to cook.

In fact, worried that I'm exposing K to too much outside food, I cooked capsicum and scrambled egg penne pasta with pasta sauce last Friday while the hubs waited before he went off to attend the farewell dinner that he and his colleagues were hosting for their out-going CEO.

And today, we had pork rib soup with pumpkin, potato, carrot and corn, which tasted yummy as the pumpkin had broken up and sweeten the soup, egg with spinach which I had steamed in the rice cooker and a small serving of stir fry spinach which a colleague's mother has nicely prepared for me. This is the first time I've used the rice cooker to cook egg and when I opened the cover, the egg fluffed up and down again. It was a very cute sight. Ya, sua ku as I am but it tasted nice even though I forgot to add a little bit of water as a colleague had advised. This, I will try again with a little water and little bit more seasoning.

I've added enough ingredients in the soup to last 2 days. So despite the hubs' after work meeting tomorrow again, he will still pick K up and drop her off at home, giving me enough time to wash and cook the rice as well as maybe add another dish. 

As you would probably know by now, I'm a strong advocate to healthy home cooked food. Well, for K at least. I count the number of times we eat out per week and try to balance that out by cooking as much at home for K even if it means a quick pasta dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment