Tuesday 22 April 2014

The SIL said the same thing on Friday and Sunday, when we met up with them again. She mentioned that she did some thinking and should the current baby who she is looking after go off to childcare when he turns 2 and if I should conceive again, it'll be just right the time for her to start looking after number 2. And then she goes on to ask K if she would like a 'mei mei or di di'. (??!??!)

Where she has the idea that that should ever happen escapes me. When she brought it up on Good Friday, I told her she can go back to the agency to register herself for another assignment but she replied that she doesn't want to anymore. However, if I do get pregnant, she would love to look after my child again.

I am not sure if they were trying to convince the hubs and me but my SIL added that since K has been a fairly easy baby and delivering was such a breeze to me, I could even laugh during that, number 2 should be ok too. But I always remember what I've read that no 2 pregnancies are alike and similarly, no 2 children have the same traits and character. So, that was really not too convincing to me. I guess with babies growing up so fast, their difficult stage is soon forgotten.

To be honest, if I had started earlier, I will consider trying for number 2. But with age and of course everything else that slows down with the ascending number, I will regrettably give the chance of a 2nd birth a pass. Having said that, the 2nd SIL is expecting and is currently in her 7th week.

When the hubs sent me a text on that, the first thing that crossed my mind was 'Great, we can pass K as well as the hubs' nephew's stuff to them soon!' But of course, I am sincerely happy to hear the news. They're lucky they didn't have to wait too long. Guess it's really true that one should let nature take it's course. God may have other plans when you actually think you are in control.

1 comment:

  1. Aiyo! I would have been very angry at her. None of her business whether you want a second one or not!

    ReplyDelete