Friday 4 April 2014

I was taken off cooking duties on Wednesday when the hubs text me while I was in the train on my way home, to say that he feels like going to Ikea. He needed to get some photo frames for work and since I'm feeling under the weather and needed the distraction from going through the same routine everyday, I was more than glad.

And yesterday evening, after dinner at home, we brought down the infant car seat as well as a toddler car seat to a neighbour's house. The man of the house works in the ministry and I am so glad that we can be a blessing to them. In fact, they were really looking for a spare infant seat for the wife's parent's car for the impending arrival of their baby boy and they needed to replace the current car seat for their daughter, Emma, who is 2 months older than K. Emma and K get along very well, always hugging each other when they see each other. As Emma hasn't have much hair yet, yes, even at 2, she likes to touch K's especially when it's being tied up.

How I came about with offering the use of our spare car seats without them even asking was a chance sighting of the husband coming back home in a car. And I started thinking maybe they might need a car seat and decided to ask Esther, the neighbour. It so happens that the car has been on loan to them for a year. We bump into Esther and Luck occasionally and like how I mentioned before, it's with children that makes us break down walls and start smiling and talking to strangers. Especially so when our kids are of the same age! 

I'm sure the car seats will be of great use to them and it certainly feels good being able to share and paying it forward. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment