Monday 14 April 2014

A colleague visited a vegetable farm over the weekend and bought me 2 crazy big sweet corn and a bountiful stalk of spinach. But I regretted lugging them home as I had no idea it would become a burden and they were actually quite heavy. 'Regretted' because I had pick up duties today and I overlooked that I have to carry another bag when I pick K up. 

So off I went to the school under the dark clouds. She tripped while we were crossing the main road but thankfully, she was brave enough to say that she was fine. I carried her only when we crossed over to the other side and it was no easy task carrying a toddler with 2 big bags and my handbag. Whenever I have to fetch her, I think I lose some weight. Anyway, I realised crossing the road at the traffic lights is much easier than having to cross over the bridge although the bus-stop is slightly further away!

So, while we were in the bus, it rained! And when it did, it poured! There was no way I could make it home with her in that weather. So I decided that we could go to Tiong Bahru Plaza for dinner and hopefully, the rain will stop while we were there. It didn't and after dinner, we joined the taxi queue.

During the wait, she wanted me to carry her which I really couldn't. Well, I attempted but had to put her down after 10 minutes or so and she was crying almost the whole time we were in the queue, pleading for me to carry her. It was a long 20 minutes wait for the taxi.

The hubs must have been so worried as he called my mobile a couple of times which I didn't hear as I recently updated the phone's software and didn't realise that the ringtones have been changed. He even took a chance at skipping his meeting to come home to check that we were ok.

Yes, we are but I am exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment