Monday 31 March 2014

We had such a long day yesterday. After church, the 3rd SIL with the kids, K and I trooped over to Jeremy's for lunch. The hubs who was having a lunch do, an invitation by his CEO who is leaving the club, only came to pick us up at 4ish. 

K who had her cousins with her fought the sleep demon until about 20 minutes before the hubs arrived and by the time I carried her down, she woke. I told the hubs that this was a bad idea. In future, I will go straight home and K can take her nap without any distraction.

K, who is still a little off the weather, did not have any appetite yesterday. All she had were 2 slices of fruits at Jeremy's and in the evening, seeing that she was tempted by M's offer of grapes, the hubs and I decided to bring her to the hawker centre where she had some porridge.

Again, at home today. she didn't have an appetite for dinner. Even in school, she's taking 1/2 bowl, 1/3 bowl and so on according to her routine book. This is unlike how she can ask for 3 or 4 pieces for tea. I hope the loss of appetite is because she is not feeling well and not that she's on a food strike. M tried feeding her much later which she finished and that's because I suspect due to the bovril that M added to the potato and carrot. 

I told the hubs that we should start adding seasoning to her food already. At 2, I think her body is ready.

5 comments:

  1. I'm a horrible mum, I have started adding seasoning! Not so much of salt though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Now, that's a consolation! Thanks for sharing...:)

      Delete
  2. Started when B would gobble down our food real quick but reject his. I suspect it was perhaps too bland for him. The moment I started to add seasonings he was ok. But for salt I really watch it and if I have to, I use good quality sea salt flakes. Less salty and supposedly better. I've added basil and garlic in his pasta sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, basil, garlic, onions and she takes our food which I sometimes add a dash of oyster sauce, pepper etc depending on what I cook. The other seasoning I meant was salt, soya sauce, you know the 'saltier' kind. Lol.

      Delete
    2. I'm guilty of that too. I used soya sauce to marinate his minced meat. Bleahhhhh

      Delete