Wednesday 12 March 2014

The air was so polluted last night, that we had to switch on the aircon. When K drifted off to dreamland, the hubs and I went out to the living room, with me trying to start on the cover and back of the scrapbook album and realising that I had pasted the construction paper on the wrong side of the hard board (bummer), while the hubs watched television as usual. But K started coughing and I suspected it was the haze that's choking her so as soon I packed up the scrapbooking stuff, I switched on the aircon and joined her in bed.

And we had a good night's sleep. 

But yesterday was a different story altogether. We woke up 3 times, to her cries. Any sound is amplified in the dark of the night. She first cried at about 11ish and for what, we have no idea. Probably a nightmare? Then at 2ish, she woke up because she was coughing and couldn't sleep properly. I had to carry her out to the living room and she finally slept on my shoulders like 1/2 hour later. When I put her down on the bed, she cried again in less than 1/2 hour. It was so trying, I tell ya.

Thankfully, I wasn't zombified at work yesterday. 

Now, there is not just the rain that we have to pray for but also for a change in the wind direction so we won't suffer the effects of all that burning. Because of the dry weather, forest fires have started in Johor but not due to intentional burning like what's happening in Indonesia. I've since ordered a box of N95 masks in preparation of another round of high PSI reading. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment