Wednesday 19 March 2014

The hubs and I had a scare early this evening.

K was seated on her training seat on top of the toilet bowl, finishing up her business while I was in the bathroom, removing my make-up and washing my face. After her deed was done, she began tugging at my shorts. She does the same to the hubs to the extend of pulling his shorts down. It is quite irritating having your shorts being tugged at while you are bent over washing your face.

So after I wiped my face, I made a turn, wanting to wash her up but I did not realise that she was either still tugging my shorts or reaching out to me when she fell face down. I was definitely the cause of it, no doubt. She landed in an awkward position with her face on the ground and of course, cries from her ensued.  I squatted down immediately to carry her and checked her face. The hubs rushed in and started getting panicky.

I still had to wash her bum as she had just cleared her bowels and after that, layed her down on our bed. Thankfully, we managed to calm her down and she was back to her normal self within 15 minutes while watching a music video. Phew...that was so close. The hubs was so worried that she may have fractured her cheek bone but I doubt it because if she really did, she would have been in greater pain and will not fail to let us know.

The redness on her right cheek subsided after a while, after the hubs had to distract K while icing the area. When it was bedtime, she made me get up so that she can pass urine in the toilet bowl and while seated, she told me she fell on the mat. Which on hindsight, probably soften the fall and of course, we thanked God that he was in control and prevented something even more serious from happening. I was too worried and anxious to notice if she landed on the mat or the tiled floor so it was heartening to hear from her that she landed on the mat. And thankfully, the fall did not give her a phobia towards the toilet bowl!

When she was younger, she fell off our low bed and had such a bad bruise on her forehead. Again she scared the hell out of us and it happened twice! Thankfully, the bruise wasn't as obvious on her second fall. Sigh...much as I love the fact that she needs me, sometimes I wish she'll not have to through all these painful knocks and bumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment