Sunday 2 March 2014

We checked into the Shangrila for a weekend staycation on Friday. I was 'lucky' to receive a complimentary 2 night stay from Anna. 'Lucky' because I had been loaning her money for the past few months, at least $1k for each loan. And it's such a challenge to have her return me the loan each time until I decided no more and she dangled the voucher, which I couldn't resist. Anyway, I hope that sum of money that I lent her, which she returned a week late, will be the last.

Anyway, back to the staycation. I'm glad I did a google search on the hotel and there were so many blog entries about it but mainly for a different wing of the hotel. With the information, we could occupy baby K with feeding the kois, which she thoroughly enjoyed and knowing that the hotel provided free shuttle services to Orchard. Of course, the pool was the main draw and she did make use of it from the day we checked in.

The Victors and Salahudeens dropped by yesterday and the dads and kids had about 2 hours of fun time in the pool while the moms were sitting by the lounge chairs chatting away. In the evening, we went to the guild house near Botanic Gardens and enjoyed dinner as well as an early surprise birthday cake for baby K. 

When we checked out this afternoon, we were so knackered that baby K fell asleep less than 15 minutes into the car ride home and I joined her when we reached home. It's nice to have a short break especially before I join the new company.

No comments:

Post a Comment