Monday 17 March 2014

Jerry treated us and Jeremy's family for dinner at a fancy restaurant at Hotel Michael in Sentosa yesterday evening. Although only Ivy joined us, I think she enjoyed herself, a break from monotony. K was so knackered because straight after church, we went tracting before the 2 families proceeded to Jeremy's for dinner and K had so many people around that she didn't take in a nap.

By the time the first meal was served, she was fast asleep on the hub's shoulders. She woke up towards the end of dinner and didn't take in a proper meal. In fact, she didn't take in a proper lunch either as she had a small box of raisins and a small slice of pizza in church and when we all had lunch at Jeremy's, she didn't want any. Some time around 4pm, she had 3 slices of plain wholemeal bread. I suppose as long as this doesn't happen all the time and she doesn't get too cranky, it's fine.

And on Saturday, we brought K back to my hairdresser to have her hair trimmed. She looked so different at the end of it that the hubs and I can't quite get used to it. Lol. Unfortunately, this time round, she cried throughout the haircut. Again, she didn't want to nap at home and only fell alseep in the car. She was still sleeping when the hubs carried her into the salon. I did see her a little shocked when she woke up and before she could orientate herself properly, the hubs put her down on the booster seat on the salon chair. 

After the deed was done, I carried her and accompanied the hubs to buy their dinner from the nearby coffee shop and they then left for the 2nd BIL's home, while I went back to the salon for my hair trim. I had some time to myself at home and appreciate every minute of it as I could do my own thing. 

My hair stylist commented that I should make use of the time to go shopping and all. I guess one will never understand the joy of one's solitude until such a time when 'your' time is really never yours.

1 comment: