Thursday 31 December 2015

Goodbye 2015.

Today marks the last working day of 2015 and the year has been a good one for us.

We sold our first home in super quick time. The hubs missed it more than me but I think he has gone past that. We loved everything about it but at the same time have been on a look-out even before we were expecting K. God's timing is indeed the best timing. The current place is by far, the best we have seen from the many over the years. We are getting comfortable and getting used to the new home but the mopping still puts me off. But with the space, it makes the home less cluttered, which is really good for the mind and soul.

Staying over at the youngest BIL's home for 2 months was also an experience. I am thankful to them for welcoming us despite their cram living environment. I've learnt quite a bit from the youngest SIL and appreciate how kind and sincere she is. And I'm still learning.

Our health-check this year has been ok too except for my back. I am thankful it's fine now and I didn't end up with a slipped disc. Of course, I need to get back into the fitness game. The pilates class that I've signed up for is rescheduled to the first Monday of January. Hopefully, I get a toner and healthier body in 2016. I am now a size M!

Work-wise, I am so thankful, really, that God opened the doors to this current company. I just had my appraisal done sometime last month and my boss is such an encouraging person. Totally unlike the previous one. I now feel empowered to do certain things and she doesn't sweat the small stuff. My KPI for 2016 is to start-up the training function for the company. According to the hubs, my increment % for 2016 is not too shabby either. I just need to keep on praying for God's wisdom at work.

As for K, she has been quite an easy child. Thankfully. Otherwise, I think the hubs and I wouldn't have the patience to manage her. I am also thankful for her. She adjusted to the new childcare centre well and her health has been pretty good generally. I am so thankful for God's watchful care over her! During a recent Parent-Teacher's meeting, her teacher told us that we do not have to worry much about her as she shows a keenness to learn and is very adaptable. The school organised an outing to one of those indoor playground recently but I did not sign her up for it. I explained to her that it was too expensive and besides we were going to have a host of activities coming up. She understood and her Mandarin Teacher was quite surprised when she related to me K's response when most of her friends went off for the morning, leaving just her and few others behind. I just wish she won't grow up so fast. On Monday, she moved up to Nursery from playgroup.

For 2016, I will continue to pray without ceasing. Without him, what will we be? 

I hope the year has been a good one for you and may 2016 continue to be just as good, if not better! Happy, Blessed 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment