Thursday 24 December 2015

My family came together to celebrate Christmas today, instead of tomorrow, the actual day as Jerry has to work on the day itself. So, having the entire clan come together without anyone having to rush off somewhere is fantastic! There were 20 of us, with Tim introducing his girlfriend to us and James' girlfriend who we've seen the 2nd time.

Food was great! Jeremy ordered the turkey, lamb and log-cake, the hubs ordered ham from his workplace, James brought a cake, the 3rd SIL made pizzas, garlic bread and fresh fruit juice which she personally blended in my kitchen, the 2nd SIL made shepherd's pie, Ivy made chicken stew while I cooked mix vegetables and pesto pasta. No one can say there wasn't enough food that evening! Thankfully, some of us went for a few rounds!

While some chatted, some played scrabble. And I had to nudge the hubs to start on the gift exchange game. It was so much fun that the eldest brother declared it was the best christmas ever, especially since the family has not come together for a long time. 

The only thing that cause me upset was the porcelain plate that burned while on the food warmer. Somehow, the tea-light that was below it grew strangely big and blacken the bottom of the porcelain tray and caused a crack on it. I do not dare use the tray anymore in case the crack gets worse. The set was bought when the hubs and I visited the bestie when she was in Dubai. And because it is uniquely shaped, I do not think it's going to be easy finding a replacement. Oh well.....making way for better things, I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment