Saturday 2 January 2016

I had wanted to get my hair done yesterday. 3 days for the hair to settle nicely before I start work on Monday. But alas, the hubs sort of begged me to go on another day. Oh well, ok, besides I have been requested to cook my pesto pasta dish for yesterday's dinner at Jerry's. They were celebrating, in advance, Josh's 15th birthday.


After doing K's laundry in the morning, the 3 of us went for lunch at Jurong Point and after lunch, the hubs decided to take a look at TVs again. Again, because we have been popping into almost every electronic store there is. I've finally given him the green light to buy a new tv. I have been the most hesitant to buy one because our museum worthy box tv is working perfectly fine! We had it when we moved into our first home and it's followed us till here. 1 of the workers who did our house moving asked in jest if it belongs to my mom! So rude but so what! It's working what. If not for the new digital tv, I would have insisted that there is no need to spend money to buy a new one. I've even heard that the rag and bone man doesn't want our box tv anymore.


Anyway, we finally bought a new 49 inch smart tv after the hubs did his homework. Now we are more careful with spending and I'm glad.


K took her nap when we came back home and we had to wake her up to go to Jerry's as Tim messaged me to say that they have arrived. Only our family and Jeremy's were invited for Josh's birthday. Tim brought along his girlfriend again and when they left as Tim sent her back by train, Ivy remarked to me that they don't look compatible as the girl is really decent. When they were at my place on Christmas eve, I told Tim that I didn't expect his girlfriend to be so decent  when he asked for my opinion. And then he told me he realise that it's better to have a decent girl for a girlfriend. Seriously, I am not sure if this is going to be it. And that's what I said to Ivy. This is probably not the last one. I should have said 'final one'. The girl is 21, studying law and Tim is 25 and I do not know what he is doing to bring any girl security, at the moment. So, we shall see.


As for today, the hubs brought K to the zoo with his Nepali cousin and wife's family. The cousin had asked to borrow the hubs' corporate zoo passes which meant the hubs needed to collect it and bring them down the zoo as he needs to appear like he is going into the zoo. So I told him to go ahead with K and join his cousin at the zoo but I will not join them as I need to clean the house. So there I was spending the afternoon packing K's room as well as the storeroom. I've put away some toys that K hardly plays with anymore. Let's see if she remembers them within the next 3 months. Otherwise, I think it's time to pass them on. I finally mopped the house after 2 weeks. I also managed to cook dinner, a rare 3 dish dinner consisting of ABC soup, air-fried teriyaki cod fish and fried egg with silver fish. It feels good to have days like this when I'm alone at home, with no one to disturb me. I can even whip up a good meal!

There, my first 2 days of the New Year. How did you spend yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment