Sunday 8 May 2016

The Mother's Day celebration started on Friday for my side of the family. Jerry had asked me if we can join them but I had declined initially because of K's phonics lesson. Jeremy had requested for me to skip the lesson for 1 time and upon the hub's 'suggestion', I took K off from class on Friday and joined Jerry's family, Jeremy, the eldest SIL and Bev for dinner, somewhere near Jerry's place. 

I had not told K of the plans at all and even when we walked a different direction, she didn't question me. How trusting she is. And I had to ask her why is she not asking why we're taking a different route. Anyway, it's a good break for her, I suppose. Especially with the bus-ride to Jerry's. That night, Jerry treated not just M for a Mother's Day dinner but Jeremy, Ivy, Bev, K and I scored a treat as well when he didn't want to be paid for our share. The hubs was away for a working golf game and so the eldest brother sent the 2 of us back home after dinner.

For the hubs' side of the family, we had dim-sum lunch, another treat we scored from the youngest BIL. We spent a short time at the 2nd BIL's after lunch and taught him how to use the stroller, remove the cover for wash and passed them the stroller that the youngest SIL passed to us recently. The 2nd SIL has also been discharged and will not return to work until her maternity leave is over. So that's some good news at least to know that the length of her cervix is slightly longer now. 

After sending the in-laws back home, I asked the hubs if he was still keen on going to the restaurant that I have made prior reservations for. I made reservations early part of the week, before the youngest BIL suggested the Mother's Day celebration and initially I thought I would have to cancel it. But thankfully, it was scheduled for lunch, short and sweet.

K napped only for 30 mins in the car and woke up when we arrived at the restaurant. She was greeted by a bouncy castle, a bouncy pirate ship, bubbles blowing and a craft area where she had her arm painted and a stick-on tattoo done. Initially, this was supposed to be my treat but the hubs decided to take the tab since it's yes, Mother's Day. There was also a live band performing and K, in her first of 4 years, was allowed to play in-between her meal time. Truth to be told, the food was blah but the concept was nice. The children were able to 'rough-it-out' in the field where at a later stage, K started running around bare-footed! Yikes!

And today, I had my 4th Mother's Day celebration when the church ordered in pizza after the service. Each of the mothers were also gifted with 1/2 dozen cheese salted egg tart, which is the current food craze.

A weekend full of celebration but 51 weeks of mom-slogging. To receive a happy and thankful smile from the family, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment