Tuesday 17 May 2016

Since my pilates classes ended last Monday, I decided to join my colleagues in a free piloxing session that they go for every alternate Monday. Why pay when you can get it for free? 

So, despite the heavy rain, the 5 of us made it to class. The instructor was petite but muscular. And when it started, I almost regretted it. It was so intense! She is like a instructor in a boot-camp! Instead of an hour's workout, it stretched for another 1/2 hour. At the end of it, I felt a little lightheaded and suspect I'm in for a body of aches today.

But no, I'm quite surprised that I'm not aching as much as I think I would be! Maybe Saturday's 5km walk did loosen some of those tight muscles for me. In fact, I feel, well, toned. 

My colleagues asked if I'm still going to join them next week because I was lamenting on how unfit I am at the end of the session yesterday. I should just pay and stick to my slow mat-work pilates. And although the pilates at the CC starts at an awkward timing of 8-9pm, I can spend some time with the 2 at home but for yesterday's session, I went straight after work and only reached home almost 9pm and the 2 of them were asleep already. But according to my colleagues, the sessions usually end promptly. 

Well, we'll see. I definitely need the exercise. So....let's spend the next few days to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment