Tuesday 10 May 2016

Because K did not nap on Saturday, slept quite late in the evening because her mind was still in a hive of activity after the fun time she had at the restaurant and woke up so early on Sunday morning, she took a 3-hour afternoon nap when we returned home from church.

And getting quite sick of outside food, especially since I no longer cook on Mondays because of my pilates and Fridays because of K's phonics class, I decided to cook dinner on Sunday. In fact, I've been cooking lunch for the past 2 Saturdays too and I think it's a habit I'll like to continue. So technically, we have home-cooked food only 3 times a week, Tuesdays to Thursdays and hopefully at least lunch on Saturdays.

When K woke up after her nap on Sunday, I got her to help me out in the kitchen. I've been motivated to do so after meeting a parent of her nursery mate who told me that she gets her daughter to be involved in the cooking. But the slight OCD in me fears the mess K will make thus I decided to try her out on the simpler work first. She already helps me peel garlic and onions at times. Besides, K has been asking if she can help me whenever I'm in the kitchen but being typical parents, we fear the oil will splatter on her, the heat in the kitchen blah blah blah.

But since I wanted to use up the potatoes before they spoil, I decided to bake Tuna, Spinach and Potato Frittata, which incidentally does not require any cooking, I decided to let her help. She helped me beat the eggs, mix the spinach, onions, tuna, pepper and salt in the bowl, lined the potatoes on the pyrex plate and then spread mozarella cheese over. And I'm glad she enjoyed it!
After the meal, the 3 of us decided to check-out the pasar malam at the market. It was such a small set-up and pasar malams these days are nothing compared to those of old. We were only interested in the mini-nursery that occupied a stall there and bought ourselves a pot of sweet basil, a pack of soil for some re-potting work to be done later and a small pack of fertiliser.
I love, love the fragrance of the sweet basil! I also have a pot of mint plant which is not flourishing as much as it was when it was in my office. Hopefully, when the hubs re-pots it for me, it'll grow better. I do not mind having a herb 'garden' in my balcony but only if I can hang them up on the wall. But for now, I'll just stick to these 2 first and see how it works out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment