Wednesday 4 May 2016

K did not take her afternoon nap in school, again, yesterday and the hubs was not happy. Well, neither am I but I've since more or less accepted it. Well, it isn't the first time and this has been happening since the previous school.

Since we didn't allow her to watch telly after dinner, as a means of 'punishment', I got her to do her activity book and she chose the numbers book yesterday. After 3 pages of number tracing, there was a page where she had to count the number of objects and write the corresponding number beside it. She couldn't write 5 or 7 properly and then the drilling started. I made her write the 2 numbers on a rough piece of paper until she got it right before writing it on her book. At 1 point, when I stepped away to attend to some chores in the kitchen, I heard the hubs raise his voice. 

Finally after an hour + and hopefully remembered by the girl, I went to bed with her. She did not take long to sleep and I was up again. The hubs then brought up my using the ruler to smack K's hand when she wrote wrongly for the 12345678 times. It was a short plastic ruler, those you get as part of a kids stationery set, and I lightly smacked her hand to 'alert' her of her mistake. And no, I do not regret it. The hubs on the other hand, laughed at her at certain juncture which I thought was a bit demeaning. Anyhow, I did tell him not to be so discouraging. If she continues writing her numbers in the opposite direction, it's not funny....it means she has a problem!

Well, the hubs did feel guilty and he sent this message to me this morning:
I know we are the least patient when it comes to teaching her. Being untrained for this is not an excuse. I am trying and I hope K understands my intention. It's not to hurt her but to help her.

4 comments:

  1. Actually I'm looking forward to the day when B drops his nap coz so ma fan leh!! But then again his naps gives me time to rebuild my energy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think that young children should have their naps but....as long as she doesn't throw and tantrums, I guess maybe she really doesn't need to anymore.

      Delete
    2. Kaydence quite sensible :) she dun blame daddy at all :)

      Delete
    3. I'm very thankful, at her age, she's still so loving and generous. When she grows older, I don't think she will have this same reaction already.

      Delete