Wednesday 1 July 2015

I took the day off today as K starts her first day at the new childcare centre. I had planned to walk her there but decided against it as I wanted the hubs to be familiar with the area the school is located at as he will be the one sending her to school everyday and fetch her even. 

The new school starts breakfast later than the previous one. And when K entered the compound, she took an empty seat and started building blocks with the other children. I sat at the reception area, looking in. She did well today, helping to keep the blocks when it was nearing breakfast time and also after breakfast at the assembly area. I am quite impressed by the fact that the school gives each student 2 teaspoons of orange flavoured cod liver oil when they report to school. I have asked K to be excused from it as we give her the original flavour at home. 

Another boy who starts on the same day, and who happens to be in the same class as K, was so clingy to his mother. When his mom and I were in the principal's office making payment, he came in to look for her. Even when they were all seated for their morning songs, she had to sit beside him. When I felt it was time to go, about an hour later, I waved to K and signaled that I will go off and she nodded her head. 

When I reached home, it was another set of tasks for me. I took out most of the stuff from the boxes and put them in their place. But I can't do everything. We have 2-3 boxes still at Jerry's and 1 at the youngest BIL's. By late afternoon, I magic-cleaned and mopped the floors. I even managed to get a good body scrub and face mask before leaving to pick K up. The hubs, who returned home earlier than usual, took the walk with me.

We're glad to report that everything is well with K and again, she did not nap the entire 2 hours. Sighhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment