Monday 6 April 2015

With the busy weekend and realising that K's temperature was 38 degrees at the clinic on Saturday evening, I thought that we should skip church yesterday to rest at home.

We went to view a flat in the mid-afternoon and then went to town for a while as the hubs wanted to check something out. The flat was available for rent to us for 3 months but the location is quite secluded, although within walking distance to the LRT station.

After viewing the place, we went to town for awhile as the hubs wanted to check something out. Thankfully, K slept during the car journey, mainly because of the medication she was taking. By the time we reached home, I had good time to prepare dinner for us.

Sometime in the evening, the youngest BIL called and out of the blue asked us if we have a place to stay during the interim and offered us to stay with them. The hubs thinks that his other brother could have told him about our 'situation'. I'm not too comfortable putting up with them mainly because of the Nephew-in-Law. The thought of him screaming everyday is enough to give me a headache and I can imagine the hubs getting irritated by him. Also, it is not a good idea to have K emulate him especially being able to see him everyday for the next 3 months. The hubs is fine with the idea but I rather have some privacy.

It's illegal to let out HDB flats on a short-term basis but it'll be a squeeze at the youngest BIL's place. What about the laundry, our meals and so on? Their gestures are appreciated and I'm thankful for them but at this point, I would rather not. But, I am not sure if I have the luxury of choice.

2 comments:

  1. I could be wrong but do check out some service apartments.. nsrcc.. They do short term rental and sometimes might be pleasantly surprised with the rates

    ReplyDelete