Saturday 4 April 2015

This Good Friday holiday was a much needed break. Especially with K running a fever yesterday, resulting with the hubs and I taking 1/2 day's Childcare Leave each. In the evening, the hubs came to pick us up as we had an appointment with the very first contractor we met, the one originally first in my list who did Lynn's flat, at our new flat. I had wanted this final run through to be thorough to reflect a more accurate quotation. 

On Good Friday itself, Pauline and her family came by to pick up some stuff and Janice also decided to pick up the cot on her sister's behalf. When all was done, I felt like a load off. Well, it certainly helped with our packing. Having said that, I am 'appalled' by my own insanity! I used to be such a shopaholic, needing to buy something every time I was at the shops, which was very, very often. And I've kept the paper bags and there are SO many of them! I find it such a pity to throw them all out and I know it's ridiculous to be shifting them with me but!!! I moved a whole bulk of them when we moved here and now I've got more of them. :p

Anyway, to digress,we dropped by a Home Fair in the evening and made orders for curtains as well as the main gate for the new house. 

And this morning, we dropped by my office to pick up a long 4-door custom made cabinet. The office is undergoing major renovations and some furniture will not be required anymore. In fact, the piece that I am taking hasn't even been used! I'll probably strip it off the current laminate and replace it. The hubs arranged for a mover to pick them up and brought them over to the new flat. So we were back again at the new place.

By evening time, K's fever hasn't subsided and the hubs decided that we should bring her to consult a Doctor except that it was about 7ish in the evening and most clinics only open for half a day on Saturdays. Thankfully, at the 1 clinic that was opened, the Dr was kind enough to see K although he was in a rush. By the time, we left the clinic, it was almost 9pm. Hopefully, with the medication, K will get a lot better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment