Thursday 23 April 2015

Contractor Jeremiah arranged for us to go down on site yesterday evening to discuss how we want to lay the tiles. It was raining so heavily at the start of the evening that I pray it doesn't continue the same today as I will be fetching K on my own as the hubs has a dinner meeting.

I also saw the new pipes, which is definitely a welcome sight compared to the old stinking cast-iron ones. They are slimmer and looks less obstructive. The hubs checked with Jeremiah again on how soon the place will be ready for us to move in and he said probably the 2nd week of June, with no rush. And although it's quite inconvenient putting up with the in-laws, we do not want to compromise on the quality of work too. So we've got to sacrifice short-term inconvenience for long-term gain, I suppose.

When we returned to the in-laws, it suddenly occurred to me that the tiles Jeremiah placed on the kitchen floor didn't look right. It looked more slate like compared to the one that we chose. So the hubs had to go down on site again during lunch today to check it out and thankfully, they were the correct ones after he sent me a picture of the tiles for confirmation. I feel so bad troubling him but at least my heart and mind is at peace now.

I didn't take any pictures of the place yesterday and am kind of regretting it now. The kitchen looks bigger now but the master toilet looks puny. Can't wait for the transformation!

2 comments: