Tuesday 21 April 2015

The SIL's mom cooks almost everyday and have been including our share but other than the first day we moved in with them, we had to eat out as we had to go back to the previous flat everyday last week. Although we had planned for dinner at the youngest BIL's home yesterday, the plans were cancelled when the youngest SIL messaged me to say that her mom would not be cooking as the BIL had arranged for dinner outside. And it was to be for the MIL's birthday.

The hubs was of 2 minds to go but we joined them eventually. As usual, the PILs were late and with an already late dinner at 7.30pm, we reached home almost at 10pm. It was quite awkward birthday or gathering I felt. The FIL did not utter a word and looked bored throughout. The hubs, on the other hand, did not speak to both his parents and I as usual, did not greet the MIL and this time, did not acknowledge the PIL too. In fact, the hubs has exited the group chat with the extended family. And this time, the 2nd BIL did not add him back in. If the 2nd SIL, who arranged for this, had planned to patch things, I think she has failed miserably.

I know eventually, the hubs will put this behind him. But for me, as an outsider, it just shows that the parents do not care at all. Unlike my brothers, they do not even bother to ask about us during this transition. But then again, I do already know this, don't I.

No comments:

Post a Comment