Thursday 30 April 2015

Already feeling a little under the weather, the husband telling me that I'll have to send K to school yesterday and make our way back to the BIL's in the evening was enough for me to 'decide' to take the day off. 

So yesterday, K 'accompanied' me to the Doctor's and then after that we went back home to bathe her before we headed out to the nearby mall. I also wanted to check out the bus to the train station for today. Yes, we had to make our own way today as well.

So anyway, I brought K to the library and lunch followed. After lunch, we went to buy a slice of cake for her which she had after waking up from her afternoon nap. Thankfully, I was able to nap too with her. 

And in preparation for today's journey, I woke up at 5.30am. Gave K her milk at 6am and we managed to leave the house at about 6.30am, while the sky was still dark. Thankfully, the rain had stopped. Speaking of which, when the hubs couldn't send us back on Tuesday evening, K and I were caught in the rain when we stepped out of the train station near the BIL's home. The rain was so heavy, the insides of my shoes were filled with water. If bringing K home lugging her bag and mine is difficult, I have no words to describe doing it in the rain. I had to carry her while balancing an umbrella with the other hand. Good thing the hubs dropped us off at a train station and told me to leave K's bag in the car.

This morning, we took a bus to Bishan MRT station, took the circle line and had to alight at the next station as K wanted to go to the toilet. We were back into the station after the toilet run, changed to another train at Buona Vista and alighted at Queenstown, where we took another bus to K's shool. So we had 1 bus ride to the train station, 2 train rides and another bus ride to school. I'm sure it was an adventure for K but definitely not for me. So now do you know why I rather stay home yesterday? Thankfully, the hubs will be able to resume our normal arrangements after work today.

And I hope for the rest of the 1 1/2 month stay at the BIL's, there is no more need for me to send K to school on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment