Thursday 9 April 2015

We kick-start our packing yesterday evening. There are so many things to be packed that somehow, I think the husband and I wished that the items could all miraculously sort themselves out into the carton boxes. Packing for myself when I moved to stay at Jerry's and then to my matrimonial home was a breeze. I really underestimated the move as a family!

With just a week left till the handover, I am really in panic mode. And I appreciate that the hubs has taken upon himself to contact the movers and at the same time, liaise with Jeremiah the contractor. I've managed to get some carton boxes from work but we definitely need more! I've finally came to my senses to throw away the 1 million and 1 paper bags, many of which are from luxury brands. K has been such a busy little helper but of course I'll need to sort through her toys, some of which to leave temporarily at storage and some to bring along with us when she's either not looking or asleep.

This, the beginning of our packing and please excuse the little head you see in the box. Lest you accuse me of child abuse. That was the highlight which brought a smile to our face while sweating over what to pack and what to throw.
At the end of the evening, the living area was filled. I had to remind the hubs not to simply leave them behind the main door and dining table. How are we going to open the door to leave the house and where are we going to eat our dinner! Man. As much as you appreciate them, yet many a times, you do not know what to make of them!

1 comment:

  1. Moving house is always a mad time so I feel for you. We always move once a year or every 2 years so now you know what we have to go through! So tiring!

    ReplyDelete