Tuesday 28 January 2014

I have to say it. Yesterday's dinner of fishball mee tai bak at the hawker centre was a tad salty. I didn't want to say it to the hubs lest he gets paranoid and have me flush the food with water before baby K eats it. But the convenience of it all allowed us to relax a bit and give in to baby K's manja-ness. 

If we had cooked, I'll be rushing to prepare everything in order to have her dinner ready before 7pm and getting impatient with her for calling me all the time, along the way. And having her wake up late yesterday morning meant that I had to arrive at work later and leave just as late. And because we were able to take things easy last night, I could prepare the ingredients for the soup for this evening's dinner and put the covers back onto the cushions of the daybed which I had washed on Sunday before we left for the 2nd BIL's home.

Baby K was so helpful when I was removing the covers for wash. She actually helped to pull them out! Putting the covers back on was no easy task either but thank the stars for softener! Lol. I could enjoy a bit of chinese drama on television while putting the covers back on. And all these while she drifted off to dreamland with her daddy, who incidentally has not recovered from flu.

To digress, this is what I prepared for her lunch on Saturday. The hubs, still unwell, woke up late and we had to do our marketing late. Being the weekend before the Lunar New Year, the market was abuzz with activity. So when we finally got home after letting her play a bit at the playground, I had to rush her lunch, which is fairly easy peasy if it doesn't involve cooking for the adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment