Thursday 30 January 2014

Being someone who loves her sleep, which unfortunately baby K did not inherit this trait from me, I would sleep too whenever I put baby K to bed. And since she has started attending childcare, that would mean lights out for me by 9pm. 

But of late, I find myself getting up from bed as soon as baby K hits slumberland and I start pottering around the house. Well, it's usually to prepare the food for next day's dinner. It's usually cutting the vegetables to size, washing them and putting them in a container to boil over the stove the next morning, before I can transfer the pot into the god sent thermal pot. I've steamed fish twice in the upper tray and the pomfret as well as cod fish turned out well! I must try to find more recipes that uses the thermal pot. Otherwise soup all the time will lose it's taste on us.

And because we are having reunion dinner at Jeremy's later today, I tidied the dining table for Lunar New Year visitation from our guests. Our dinning table is technically, not used for much dining but rather, letters, the hubs' wallet, car key, our house keys and a million other stuff are put there. Every other week, I have to nag at him to clear his mail.

Anyway, here's a look at our goodies for Lunar New Year. Nothing much this year compared to last but that is also because some goodies need to be transferred from their pack into containers. Oh yes, I will need to thank the hubs for his effort this year. None of mine, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment