Tuesday 21 January 2014

An update on the lost dolly. The hubs picked it up from the dustbin when he returned from the wake last Friday and washed it twice. When I saw it on Saturday morning, I was surprised and asked why did he pick it up. He said how could he not with the text messages that I sent him about me wanting to cry and all. Lol. I was silently happy. Anyway on an advise by a friend, we will not give it to baby K until she does something that is praise worthy. So it's kept away for now.

And for the past 2 days, I've been picking baby K up from school as the hubs had meetings at work. As I do not have the liberty to pick her up at 5pm like the hubs, I arrived slightly after 6pm and according to the teacher, she just started to cry as one by one, her friends were going home. That's the reason the hubs and I decide that we should not leave her to be the last to be picked up. I think it is quite traumatizing for any child when you see all your friends leaving and you are wondering when your mummy or daddy is coming.

And having learnt from yesterday's rush of time, I decided to eat out with her today. Last night, I had to rush home to cook rice and thanks to the thermo pot, the soup was all ready. By the time we reached home and sat down for dinner, it was already 7pm. Her dinner is usually at 6ish so she can have her last milk feed at about 8pm. So it was rush rush rush to get her to bed by 9pm.

And since I didn't want to go through that mad rush again, today's dinner after picking her up at the hawker centre near her school was done without any stress. And we could take a slow stroll up the overhead bridge and wait for the bus. And because there was no stress in rushing her back, I could allow her to climb the bridge at her own pace and stop every few metres just to look down without me wanting to pull my hair out. 

I'll have to pick her up again this Friday and yes, mother and daughter will be dining out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment