Friday 3 January 2014

Baby K started school yesterday and I have taken leave till Monday. The teachers took over when we went through the second and lower gate in the school. I very much left her to the teachers and was just hanging around.

The hubs left for work shortly after baby K and I went through the second gate and I had planned to stick around till their nap time. Baby K joined the rest of the children at the table for breakfast. When they went into another room for assembly and when the doors was closed, I left. Somehow I felt like I was very much in the way of the teachers and also the principal had suggested that I should leave to allow baby K to settle in 'faster'. Another child, who also started yesterday, came in crying and screaming. His parents did not stay although they both were dressed like they have also taken the day off. 

I think baby K started crying in the playroom while waiting when the doors were shut. The principal has kindly been updating me, sending me pictures and videos. The teachers told me that she stopped when it was playtime and then it was back to her chirpy self, like 2 different persons. They had a birthday celebration too yesterday and it seems that the cake was all baby K remembered when I asked her how was school and what she did yesterday. 

I hope and we've been praying that she adjusts well to this new arrangement and that God continues to watch over her and gives her good health.

Today, the hubs and I dropped her off and he went to work while I took a morning stroll home. I guess I can cancel my leave for Monday and return to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment