Wednesday 1 January 2014

Best wishes for the New Year and may 2014 be a smooth sailing year that brings you good health & wealth!

The hubs invited his folks over for lunch today. I think doing lunch will be the next way to go for our future gatherings! Lol. I was hesitant in the beginning, then again, I am always hesitant when it comes to his side of the family. I had wanted to do lunch but wanted to make sure that we still have plenty of time in the evening to ourselves, cleaning up and preparing baby K for school tomorrow.

I had told the hubs to let his folks know that lunch will be from 1-6. It was initially at 12 noon but as it confirmed my thoughts, 12 was a bit of a rush for us. Even at 1pm, the 2nd BIL and the PILs came about an hour after. The youngest BIL commented to me that I should not have bothered changing the timing. 

So, did the PILs overstay their welcome? Thankfully, NO! The 2nd BIL and wife had something on and wanted to leave with their friend, who came along, who happens to be a taxi-driver. The MIL, being the cheapskate that she is, was anxious for a free ride home and so they ended up going off together. The youngest BIL and family stayed a little longer and we ended up joining them out for window-shopping at a new shopping centre after I did the washing up.

While they were here, we gave life to the old xbox kinect again. The hubs had trouble starting it up when my part of my family came over on Christmas eve. Afterall, we have not touched it for as long as baby K was borned and we thought the worst of it but thankfully, it's working just fine! I hope our Wii works too. 

While we were alone with the youngest BIL and his family, the hubs' thoughts of his nephew has resurfaced. Thoughts of how naughty he really is. As far as I am concerned, he has always been naughty and rude.

Anyhow, it was good to be able to spend some (short) time with his family although the hubs and I had a minor argument about me wanting to fix a timing that they could stay here for. It's true that he never imposes a timing when we have our family over but then again, I argued, my side of the family never overstays their welcome. And then the hubs swears that this will be the last time. Well, we'll see. If it's so, it's good for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha so bad!! But if it really is the last time, then it's a good thing! Hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete