Sunday 28 February 2016

The weekend started with us heading to Chinatown after breakfast to run some errands on Saturday. We banked in K's ang-pow money, which amounted to about $600, almost similar to her takings for last year. Lol. Then I brought my numerous watches to have the batteries changed, dropped by Chan Brothers to check on flight tickets as well as take some brochures, went to People's Park to replenish toiletries, most of which is the hubs' and then we had lunch. by the time we reached home, it was almost 3 and time for K's nap. But unfortunately, she woke up shortly after we laid her down on our bed and ended up with me napping on my own because I've got the dreaded menstrual headache.

After I magic-cleaned and mopped the house when I woke up, we were out again. I requested to go to Phoon Huat and the nearest outlet is at Clementi but thankfully it wasn't just outside the PIL's estate like we thought it was. I finally bought a muffin baking tray to make mac and cheese for the kids at K's birthday party. I bought a squarish mould instead of the conventional round ones. Hopefully, there's no real reason why people tend to buy roundish ones. :p And then we went back home after dinner, with me being very satisfied because I have been looking for the muffin trays since Friday.

We had church lunch after service today because a filipina family were migrating to the States for work. We only had them for a short time and now it's back to the same 4 families excluding Jeremy and the SIL. The filipina family also passed on to us a pink toddler car, which I suppose can entertain K for a while before we pass it on the the 2nd SIL, when her baby comes out.

The windows installer also finally made his appearance on Sunday evening but I won't blame him. It's our idiotic contractor who kept forgetting. I'm glad all the windows are finally fixed, aligned and sprayed with WD40. Since we were told to keep the windows close for 2 hours as the installer put some silicon for us, the 3 of us went out to the shops again! 

Kenneth had asked us earlier to go over to their place but I do not fancy going out on Sundays as we have work and school the next day and the whole morning out at church usually tires us out enough. I enjoyed this weekend with just the 3 of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment