Sunday 21 February 2016

We invited the usual bunch of people over for CNY lunch yesterday. There were 9 adults and 5 children, not including my family. Still plenty of space for everyone, although not enough chairs to go around so we had to pull the dining chairs to the living room. And nope, I'm not going to get anymore chairs...life is meant to be uncluttered and simple.

The moment I woke up yesterday morning, I started getting busy because we told the guests to come at 11am. And having woke up at 8am, that leaves us just 3 hours! Thankfully, the hubs did his share and I could quickly squeeze in a bath before I look oily and messy to our guests. I cooked fried rice and pesto pasta while the hubs bought chicken curry and mutton mysore. Gaye brought along her signature shepherd's pie and Sarah brought ah balling dessert and konnyaku jelly. And Gaye made some red velvet cupcakes for a surprise 50th birthday for Tina. At the end of the lunch, there were still pretty much food left over and thankfully, they helped to tapau home some food. 

When the last bunch of people left at about 3ish, I got into action with putting K's laundry to wash, getting the hubs to wash the balcony while I magic-cleaned and mopped the house. K was delegated to tidy up her room which always ends up in a mess when we have so many children over but thankfully, it was not the battle-field we experienced during our 'house-warming'.

In the evening, we brought along some of the balanced fried rice, steamed rice (yes, I had both) and ah ballings to Jerry. It was really too much food for us to keep. I did keep the pesto pasta which I reheated for dinner today though. 

After that, we drove over to Ivy's, my ex-colleague from the family business, new home for their house-warming. There were several pavilions at the condo where they had full bbq equipment and when she brought us up to her home, we fell in love with it! Although it's only a 2 bedder, the view was fantastic! They had an unblocked view of the reservoir and I love how the master bathroom, which was facing the room entrance, has glass walls! There is a step-down to the shower area and amongst so many condos we have seen, it's pretty good space that they have. Which reminds me again, it is always good to declutter. Life is good when it's simple. 

The pavilions, that are lined along the free-form pool, are pretty much well equipped too. The one that they booked actually has a personal jacuzzi! When we were about to leave, Ivy insisted on bringing us up to the sky terrace and again, we were blown away. There was the full view of the reservoir and there were also bbq spots at both ends of the sky terrace and there were jaccuzis up there too! Wow....they have definitely made the right choice but like what I told the hubs, I rather have the cash then end up not being able to stop working just so I can pay the mortgage for a million dollar home.

And after church today, the family trooped down to Jeremy's for our own family lunch. Robin and wife came along too and it was really our full family together minus their 2 kids and James, who was working. I'm wishing more family time like this where we all forgive and forget one another's past mistakes and faults. It's really time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment