Wednesday 10 February 2016

We're back at work, after the long weekend. I managed to wash the curtains in the living room on Saturday itself, after returning home from last minute grocery shopping. The strong wind and the thin material of the drapes allowed the curtain to be air-dried in super-quick time. The hubs cleaned the main door and gate as well as paste the Chinese calligraphy signs on the entrance wall.

When K woke up from her nap, we left for Jerry's for reunion dinner. M wasn't feeling too well with stomach cramps. And slightly less than 10 minutes after we reached home, Jerry called the hubs and he went to pick him and M up and sent them to A&E. Poor Jerry had to wait with M during the long hours of wait at the A&E and thankfully James came back to the west and took over from him. Because Jerry and the family were going off to the 3rd SIL's hometown, the hubs suggested having M stay over at our home for the time being. 

Seems like M had an internal muscle pull due to her coughing and also stomach flu. And so, she's still at my home at this point of entry. Thus, we had my cousins and their families come over to visit our new home this year. 

As usual, we went to the PIL's place on the 1st day of the CNY and this time, the hubs bought lunch and we stayed there for about 2 hours before we came back home so that I can start cooking. On the 2nd day, we visited my godmother with M. 

After sending M back to my place yesterday after the visit to my godbrother's,we went off to the hubs' relative's gathering place. This time round, the hubs was more controlled and did not desert me for the gambling table. By the time we arrived, the pioneer citizens were at their game already. And while at the sofa, I reminded the hubs about my plans to leave for home on my own should I get frustrated. 

Having said that, K did not sleep the whole of yesterday. She must have enjoyed herself playing with the jie-jies, watching tv, snacking on cookies and going up and down the stairs at the hubs' relative's home. Oh well, all fun things must come to and end.

The end of 2 big festivals, that is Christmas and now, the Lunar New Year...and we're back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment