Sunday 14 June 2015

And so according to plan, K and I arrived at Jerry's near lunch time yesterday and after taking lunch, the 2 boys followed me while K was left to play with Esther. When we reached, 1 worker was already there and still touching up. While I tried to clean and mop the floor, the dust and dirt just kept coming until I decided not to bother.

Someone from Singtel came by at about 2pm to set up our internet and our storage bed arrived too! I'm loving the colour the hubs has chosen although somehow it doesn't show on the photo.
The 2 boys who followed me were tasked to clean the cabinets and various chores when the movers arrived at about 3ish. 
Today, after doing some shopping for some plastics storage containers and stools and at Ikea, we went off to JE again. We dropped by Jerry's again to borrow his rainbow vacuum cleaner and at the same time, left K there to play with her cousins. Only Gideon volunteered to join us this time as Josh has a friend coming over. 

Today, the hubs was able to vacuum and mop the place. I cleaned and washed the shelves in the fridge which was smelling musky. Gideon helped with wiping and miscellaneous chores. He did enough for us to give him some pocket money for a good days' work. Lol.

We did not stay as late today as both the hubs and K have to go to work and school tomorrow. I'll definitely take the day off work tomorrow to do more unpacking. The hubs asked if we can move in by Wednesday but I find it so disruptive, being a mid-week. So by next Saturday, we will move in for good.

6 comments:

  1. So much cleaning to do. :(
    But u guys are great la.. doing them on your own. I would have hired someone to do it. Bed looks great btw. Is it queen or king? Can't quite tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice that you got a good start with preparing the house for your stuff, though there’s still a lot left to be done by then. It seems that you have yet to completely move to your new place by now, but that’s okay – especially since you have a young one to think of. Anyway, I hope to see what you have planned for the house after you’re completely done with the move. Good luck, and good day!

    German Zollinger @ Total Clean Equip

    ReplyDelete
  3. the storage bed exactly the same as mine. lol...you bought it at how much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! My eldest brother went on to buy the exact same one too but in a different colour. We know the seller so I think we got it at a really good price. Will IM you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are right, your house layout exactly like mine! Like how your kitchen looks =)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Can't wait to see your updates. :)

      Delete