Monday 18 May 2015

We invited the youngest BIL and family with the youngest SIL's mom to dinner on Saturday. When arranging with the BIL, the BIL suggested to the hubs about bringing their mother along to which his brother brushed him off. The youngest SIL related this to me and said that the youngest BIL even told his brother to 'forget it'. 

Having said this, the PILs estate has been in the news a lot lately for poor workmanship. It seems to have affected all types of units but I do not think the extent is that great for the FIL's unit as we have been there and seen it. In fact, the youngest SIL told me that they have started works such as fixing the lights and carpentry. If their defects were really so great, I do not think they can start off any work at all! In fact, for the youngest BIL's home, they had to hold off renovation till the defects were rectified. However, I feel that with the news, the FIL may feel as if he has been vindicated. But I slyly suggested to the hubs that not everyone's unit has been so badly affected. Other than the higher dish rack, we hardly saw any faults in the PIL's new place and besides they have started renovations. 

Anyway, enough about them. I am surprised how long the hubs is taking issue with his parents on this. He hasn't spoken to either of them until today but I may jinx it by saying it now. Anyhow, he knows how I feel towards his parents and I hope he remembers why!

The hubs suggested to me to bring his brother and family for another dinner next month, before we move out. And we're hoping we can move by, the latest, the 2nd week of June, which is another 4 long weeks to go. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment