Wednesday 27 May 2015

The hubs dropped by JE yesterday afternoon about 3pm and reported that no progress has been made to the house and also, there was no one there! But early evening today, Jeremiah sent us some pictures of work being done and I was so excited that we decided to drop by to take a look.

Men at work. I'm glad that the 'laundry area' has got good space and not as cramped as I was worried it might be. However, I have a sinking feeling that the counter space or lack of is going to make food preparation a tight squeeze (pun intended). The laminate design also doesn't seem to be the one that I have chosen although Jeremiah 'assured' me that it's because this is now a bigger piece compared to the pint-size sample I saw in the catalogue.
What do you think of the laminate choice? The hubs thinks it's ok but I'm still not convinced that this is the one I chose. I'm going to have to take a look again at the bigger sample on the e-catalogue.

The plumber was around too and was fixing the toilet bowl at the common bathroom. I hope when we have the vanity cabinet fixed in there, there will still be good space in the bathroom. Window grilles have also been installed except for the ones at the balcony.

Jeremiah also passed us the catalogue for the vinyl floorings that we will be overlaying for the rest of the house. And according to him, all works should complete by end of next week. I personally feel that it could have been completed faster if there was work done in the house everyday. The hubs feel that the contractor's coordination isn't up to mark. Off-site carpentry works could have been done while tiling works was in progress.

Nevertheless, we await for the completion and settling back into our very own abode.

2 comments: