Thursday 7 May 2015

I am so thankful for such an easy baby. Of course, the same can't be said during her first month but nevertheless, I am grateful. 

K has decided on her own to start toilet training. For the past month or so, she has been waking me up, sometimes up to twice a night, just so to go to the toilet to wee. Sometimes, she sleeps through and when morning comes, her diaper is dry. But I am not going to remove the diaper yet. Besides, she's not complaining but she does whenever she wakes me up in the middle of the night and I tell her to do it in her diaper. She grumbles a lot when I do that and insists that I accompany her to the toilet. 

Early this week, the hubs had to stop by a petrol station so that K can use the toilet. As we were travelling along the expressway, on the way to school and work, I quickly changed her into pull-ups in the car and told her she can urine in the pants then. She tried. I told her to squat to urine. She tried again but couldn't and become frustrated. I think she's not used to doing it in her diaper anymore. Thus, the stop at the petrol station.

I remember my 3rd SIL making every effort to train the 2 boys when they were younger. She would wake them up at certain timings in the middle of the night and they would cry and yet, she would force them to get up and go to the toilet. And this went on for quite a while.

Having said that, I'm glad we can cut back on the diaper cost. Lol....

2 comments:

  1. Wow. She's really good at this toilet training thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete