Wednesday 20 May 2015

I feel discomfort in my throat again. If it gets worse, it'll be my 3rd sore throat in 3 weeks! I blame the confined living space that we have to make do for now. The room windows have never been opened by the SIL and even when it opens, I see from the neighbour's unit upstairs, it opens only at about 45 degrees. There is also a 2-layer blind and loads of stuff, ours and the nephew-in-law's, at the bay window.

We always switch on the fan and when we sleep, close the door and when it gets a bit too stuffy, we switch on the air-con. We or I am sleeping beside 2 suitcases, boxes and bags of our other stuff. The hubs commented that the room smells bad when he doesn't seem to notice the moldy smell near the washing machine. I think I must have breathed in a whole lot of mildew when I put the clothes to wash and when I removed them to launder yesterday evening.

Are my expectations really that high? I just want a clean and neat environment to stay in. House-proud, for that matter. And I hope the hubs cooperates especially since we are going to move into a much bigger unit. 

I really can't wait to move back to our own place. I can't wait to start being the mistress of the house. I can't wait to try out the air-fryer, cook on my new stove and oven, do the laundry and use the new laundry system. Like a child who can't wait to play with his new toy, I can't wait to play with mine!

2 comments:

  1. you can't open the windows?? Let some fresh air in...? Or ur sil doesn't agree with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, she did tell us that we can open the window except that she hasn't opened it herself and with the things piled up in front of the bay window, we don't want to bother.

      Delete