Tuesday 31 March 2015

The beautiful night view right at my windows. 
Having said this, we've left about 2 weeks before this home of ours will be handed over to the new owner and we have not even started on anything yet! The hubs has collected 8 boxes from DHL but they are not that big and thankfully, I've got a few waiting to be brought home from the office. As for the renovations, I don't even want to think about it anymore. We arranged to meet the contractor ID on Saturday but after 40 minutes, he still hasn't showed up. Thankfully, K was busy playing with the measuring tape and it was the hubs who was restless. We went off and on our way home, the contractor called but the hubs wasn't at all impressed. In fact, according to him, this guy is always late.

As if this is not enough to worry me, the hubs told me 'gently' this morning, that we're likely not move into the PIL's new place, during the transition. Somehow, I knew this would happen. Well, I do not have the best opinion of them. I know the hubs didn't want to make his parents look bad and I did not want to rub salt into wound. The hubs said the FIL mentioned that there were a lot of defects. Seriously, not that many that I noticed, compared to the youngest BIL's home when they first received the keys. And when we went to view their place about a month back, there were already some units that had families staying in them. I may be reading too much into it, the reason why they haven't started renovations yet but I have a strong feeling they will when we either move out or start on ours. This time, I do not blame the MIL. It's all the FIL's doing. I think he is not commencing on his renovation deliberately so as to make it impossible for us to stay there, albeit for a short while. But honestly, we could still do so as the electricity and water supply are already there.

Needless to say, we'll have to look around again and hopefully, the apartment that one of the hubs' club member had offered earlier is still available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment