Tuesday 17 March 2015

Tonight's dinner, just for me. So plain, yet so fulfilling to me. Tom yum instant noodles I had bought from Phuket. K had her pasta which wasn't enough for me and so I decided that I can finally have instant noodles and 2 packets at that! You know they are not the best but sometimes we just crave for it. I daresay I haven't had instant noodles for the past 2 years especially so since we brought K back home. 

And because the hubs was able to send K back home earlier yesterday before he left for a meeting, I could prepare the ingredients for tomorrow's soup. M came back briefly with Esther in tow, to collect some of her stuff that she had left behind. So now, all her things are cleared except for some odds and ends. They left when it was our dinner time.

At about 7ish, I could sit down with K, relax and put a jazz cd to play. It's been a long while since I've done that and today is the most relaxed I've felt in a while, at home. I know it's only been 3 days but I feel so at home again. K asked M when she was here earlier if she was going to stay with us. I hope M doesn't take that as an invitation. 

Just to clarify, it's different when your parents have been staying with you all the while and even more so, if you continue to stay with them after marriage. But having stayed away from them for a considerable period of time, and in my case, even before marriage, it does takes a lot to make things work. Absence really makes the heart fonder in this situation. I'm ok for weekend stayovers but definitely not for an indefinite period.

No comments:

Post a Comment