Monday 23 March 2015

Perhaps our Law and Foreign Minister K Shanmugam summed it all by saying :" Mr Lee is no more. I am tearing as I write this. What is there to say about Mr Lee Kwan Yew that has not already been said? Each time I read a tribute to him, I choke. It is difficult to describe in words, the grief I feel."

Although we all know deep in our hearts that his health wasn't going to see him through for long, we all had the same hope that he will get better and join us as we showcase to him, as a way of thanking him, in our SG50 celebrations. But alas, it was not to be. 

When I heard the news through Facebook, I was immediately overcome by sadness and my voice broke when I told the hubs about it. When I switched on CNA while we were getting ready for work, I teared. Every newspaper report about him will bring much sadness to us.

If he had not ruled with an iron fist, we would not have achieve what we have. It's akin to the saying 'Spare the rod and spoil the child.' 

Me and my colleagues will be making our way down to pay our final respects to the Great and in spite of the long queue that we can forsee, we will make sure we see him 1 last time.

1 comment: