Tuesday 10 December 2013

I had my first taste of Christmas today when 3 of my colleagues and I made use of our Staff Activity fund for buffet at the Oriental. There were supposed to be 6 of us but 2 fell sick, which just as well, the buffet didn't come cheap despite a '1 eat free for every 3 paying adults' promotion.

Which reminds me that I saw CPL having dinner with her husband at the hawker centre near our place on Saturday evening. I was carrying baby K, with the hubs who was walking ahead of us and Jerry's helper. I saw her approaching the table where her husband was seated, carrying her food tray. And I used baby K to shield me. Lol...I really do not want to have anything to do with her anymore. To the extent, I've set a privacy setting in my FB that limits what she can view. I do not know if the hubs recognised her and I did not bother bringing it up when we sat down for dinner after.

As expected, I chose to sit away from them and completely out of sight. Some friendships are so straight forward but some people are so hard to phantom. I do not see it worthy to wonder what level of friendship you have with a certain person and whether it's even genuine. No, not these at our age. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that bad, huh? Well, I guess you have nothing to say to her, and anyway, whatever she says to you is always not so nice, so why bother. I would have done the same thing in your position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, nothing to talk to her about and worst feeling hypocritical after. I even avoid her sis when I happen to see her from a distance now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. I would rather not feel like a hypocrite and pretend.

      Delete