Monday 9 December 2013

As promised, a picture of our Christmas tree! No decorations needed. The lights are so pretty by themselves. Adding on decorations will only spoil the look.

Also, this is the 3rd car I've seen dressed up like Rudolph in our estate. It's fun to look at, especially in this festive season. When I first chanced upon it with baby K, I pointed it out to her and started singing Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer to her. 
I feel the spirit of Christmas coming back to me, one that was missing for the past year. In fact, I've invited Jeremy and Jerry's family over for a simple do on Christmas eve. Our family stopped the tradition of Christmas get-together ever since M moved out from Jerry's but I know all of us still long for that family warmth. Although Jerry and his wife have work, I know the 3 kids can't wait to come as confirmed by Joshua's 'yay' when I spoke to the 3rd SIL about having their helper bring the kids over.

Even though I won't be having turkey, glazed ham, log cake and the usual stuff that we have had since I was a kid, unwrapping presents, kids playing and introducing baby K to the warmth of what Christmas brings is something I really look forward to. :)

8 comments:

  1. Nice tree! Can recycle. Is it expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycle? I can send you the link if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use it yearly I mean. Yes link pls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha cute tree! I will not be putting up any decorations this year as Marc will not be home for Xmas and New Year. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's working in Azerbaijan until at least April. Maybe even later than that. Sigh...

      Delete
    2. Wahh..where is that??!! Lol....poor you, alone? Or is he still able to come back on and off?

      Delete
    3. Haha everyone always asks that, even me. It's a small country that was formerly part of Russia. Yeah, poor me all alone with the dog. Marc does come back once every 3 weeks for a long weekend. He hates being away from home and can't wait until the job is finished.

      Delete