Monday 21 October 2013

As Janice had to accompany her husband to the Doctor's on Friday, the play-date was cancelled. And hardly having the baby at home with us on a weekday, except for the earlier part of this week, the hubs returned home earlier than usual.

We went to Ikea, hoping to buy a bed rail guard to fix on our bed so it'll give us peace of mind whenever baby K takes a nap while we scoot off somewhere in the house to get something done. Well, for me, I do that nevertheless. It's the hubs who is paranoid. But it'll come in useful when we sleep at night as babies have the tendency to turn all over and I know she can keep doing that and still be on the bed while I'm in deep slumber. Unfortunately, the type of bed guard that Ikea carries is not the one we have in mind. 

On Saturday, we brought baby K to the National Library and borrowed a book and 2 video discs for her. It's not the first time we've brought her to a library but certainly the first to borrow something for her. And I have to keep reminding myself to bring her birth certificate the next time we go so she can have her own card. And also to bring our, old but still very much kept in good condition, books to donate to the library.

And after church on Sunday, everyone went their separate ways and the hubs and I found ourselves having lunch just with baby K at Jurong East. We went up to Jerry's after lunch as we had another house viewing in the mid afternoon. Although, I mentioned previously that we are not considering masionettes, we went to view one anyway but with the amount of water-proofing works that need to be done for the 2 bathrooms, it would be too much work to do if we take over the unit. And anyway, just after we finished our lunch at the market, I told the husband that I've changed my mind about shifting.

I told him I now find that the location was indeed quite far, the sun seemed hotter and it's still as 'dirty' as it was years ago when I used to stay there. I am not comfortable with the people I see too. I don't know. It's just a feeling and I guess that confirms my decision whether we should move or not. The husband then said we should not bother viewing the unit then but somehow, we went ahead when we drove into the estate where the masionette was at and kind of like it. But the conditions of the house made it an easy decision for us.

The husband has been very patient through all my requests. There are so many incidences that I can recall him not saying a word of retort whenever I changed my mind over something and yet, it is me who always says he's fickle whenever he does the same. Although, he is a lot fickle than I am but his reaction towards my fickleness has made to sit up and a reminder to myself to be a little bit more patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment