Friday 6 September 2013

The hubs and I have been eating out ever since I returned to work when my maternity leave ended. After my confinement I did not want M to cook anything heavy in the kitchen anymore. When she was staying with Jerry, they had a maid who will clean up after her but I do not have that luxury and it irks me a lot when I see stains left on the kitchen counter or worst, having to step on a sticky floor. And we all know the rest of the house will end up feeling sticky wherever our feet leads us.

Throughout my 1 month's confinement, I think the kitchen floor was only mopped thoroughly that 1 time I had a part-time lady come in. And seeing my kitchen taken over, especially with so much mess, was every bit frustrating while having a baby latch on me almost the whole day. And when I enforced a no cooking but steaming, cooking porridge allowed rule, M wasn't very happy at all, to say the least. I ended up not doing any cooking myself until it was time for baby K to embark on solid food, which thankfully, consists a lot of soupy stuff.

Lately, I find my mind filling up with a lot of questions on what to prepare for baby K's dinner when she comes home with us in January. The hubs told M that we have confirmed a place at a childcare centre for baby K last Saturday, during which, he also gave M the impression that she will be doing the cooking for her by then. Not what I had in mind! Totally NOT! I gave the hubs a piece of my mind after he said that to M.

And I think I've found a solution to this. I shall include her as an authorised guardian to pick baby K up from the childcare centre and have her fetch baby K from the centre everyday. That will give me time to be alone to do some cooking. And since I'll have to cook for baby K, I might as well cook for the rest of us. 

Now, it's back to the mind boggling questions on what can I cook for her and the rest of the family without the food tasting too bland for the adults and too savoury for the little one.

1 comment: