Friday 27 September 2013

I'm on a long weekend off work. I have taken today as well as the coming Monday off. Although the hubs is on leave today as well, he had planned it for a golf game but came back pretty early at about 2pm. 

Initially, the plan was to meet up with Pauline  today but because we had a birthday dinner invitation that arrived after I made plans with her, I had to postpone our catch-up session to Monday. James came by our place at lunch time and so baby K and I were pretty much occupied at home, which is a good thing. My only concern always, when I have her back at home is that I don't have enough activities for her.

By the time baby K was fast asleep, James left and the hubs came back home. I even asked him why was he back early and then remembered he was playing in Singapore today. Anyhow, we fed her dinner before we left for the birthday dinner as it was only starting at 8pm!

Baby K were so enthralled by the strollers, who were hired to sing at the dinner that she had asked for me to bring her to them. Thankfully we were early and I was able to bring her right to where they were first performing.The other guests at our table were so accommodating that they even asked the strollers to play 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars' when they came round our table. 

Although dinner consisted of scallops, prawns, lobster and all the fine stuff, we could not sit through it as it was getting too late. By the time we left, it was almost 10pm, way past baby K's bedtime. Some of the sacrifices anyone would make when they have a young child.

No comments:

Post a Comment