Monday 16 September 2013

The hubs and I are on childcare leave today as it is baby K's final immunisation. There will be no need for her to go through those needles again until she is 3. Baby K was fairly happy when we stepped into the room and was even more delighted when she saw a child table with 2 chairs meant for kids. I sat on one to accompany her while the nurse went through the routine check with the hubs. 

She weighs 10.5 kg and is now standing at 83 cm. She is more than half my height already and I think that more or less confirms my thoughts that I'll be the shortest in the family. Her growth is apparently above average but somehow, we felt that the difference in her weight and height growth compared to the last check was only marginal. Well, I guess they all reach a stage when their growth will somehow slow down for a while. 

All was well until baby K caught sight of the needle in the nurse's hand when she was seated on her daddy's laps. She flinched and the nurse quickly put the needle behind her back but she swiftly planted the needle into baby K's thigh and out came a cry. The cries stopped as soon as the needle was removed from her, thankfully. The next stop was with the Dr who did a basic check-up and again, baby K was very cooperative. She allowed the very pretty Dr to carry her up the bed and to prod her tummy and even giggled when it became ticklish. 

While the hubs woke up before us to prepare baby K's meals, he had to attend a lunch meeting at the guild house that was being renovated. Baby K took a short nap after lunch and woke up crying and I was glad the husband's meeting did not drag on till late. 

Baby K was gesturing to the thigh where the injection was administered and kept wanting to be carried by me. I managed to pacify her with some cuts of fresh prunes and allowing her to watching a vcd. But even then, her thigh will hurt or feel numb or has pins and needles and she'll pinch it and cry a little. When the hubs reached home, he managed to get her to sit on the floor for some play activities and even then, when she saw me, she would ask me to go to her. Thinking that she was being manja, I would sit a little further away from her and ask her to come to me instead, which, she will, by dragging her buttocks on the floor. Oh, my poor little wounded puppy.

And when we brought her to Jeremy's, she walked in with a deliberate movement. What drama this baby has! And that of course won her hugs and kisses from her favourite uncle and auntie. :)

2 comments:

  1. It gets harder and harder for me each time we take him for vaccination. It's like as they get older, they are more aware of what's happening. The kiddos seem fine but its the mummies that are weak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right. They start to recognise the clinic, in your instance, as their visits start to increase. Thankfully, there are some longer gaps in between the immunisations. Lol.

      Delete