Sunday 8 September 2013

The childcare centre that baby K will soon be joining called me to invite us to their mid-autumn festival celebrations. Being a Friday, the hubs picked baby K back from Jeremy's as usual but this time, we had a guest with us. Tim asked if he could stay the night at our home as he had just started a part-time job with an English centre, nearer to our home compared to Tampines, while doing his law degree.

So with the modus operandi every Friday, the hubs washed and sterilise baby K's milk bottles and pacifiers and gave her dinner. And when all was done, the 3 of us together with Tim drove to the childcare centre. 

I had bought for baby K a simple printed paper lantern, a design that has been around ever since I was a child. While they are still young, they get excited easily over simple things. It's the parents who tend to spend too much on their kids. Anyway, she had a fun time bringing the lantern out with the other children around the estate. 

When the hubs and I were out on Monday and saw a stand selling all sorts of lanterns at the atrium of Vivo, he hemmed and hawed and ended up not buying any although I had really wanted to. He went on to say he'll buy a lantern on his own but as usual, did not. I had to make a trip to a nearby mall on Thursday so baby K will not be the only one without a lantern and that will be very sad.....to see her friends displaying their lanterns and she is without. But anyhow, the childcare centre had prepared for situations like this and even offered paper lanterns to the parents!

And today, we had another invite to Hannah's 7th birthday. The Victor's rented a bouncing castle and baby K had quite a time bouncing and bobbing in it. And then there was the passing the parcel game which the older sister organised, and I sat in with baby K, as well as neon sticks that she had fun playing with especially when the sky became dark. I hope when she's old enough, she doesn't demand all these stuff for her birthday! Lol. 

The only thing I have in mind for her, is to hold her birthday party at Macdonald's when she is older. Yes. This is something I've always wanted for myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment